Hey folks. Today, I wanted to come back to the philosophy of Quentinism. What I’ve been working on recently are the basic rules, and this is what I have come up with, at least as a draft. (Philosophies, of course, are always a little fluid.)
The Central Axioms
- You are your own priority.
- Assistance to others is acceptable but not a necessity.
- Unprovoked harm to others is unacceptable.
- Revenge upon others is acceptable but not a necessity.
The Fundamental Laws
- Know what you want.
- Get what you want:
- as long as you can do so without doing unprovoked harm to another person.
- Do no unprovoked harm to another person, including:
- verbal, physical, and sexual assault;
- destruction or thievery of property;
- invasion of property;
- addition of stress outside of a contractual agreement (such as a job, a class, or, in some cases, a friendship);
- If you can assist or benefit another person, you are welcome to, but are not obliged to do so.
- If someone has done unprovoked harm to you, you may take revenge, but are not obliged to do so.
- If another is seeking valid revenge and asks you for help, you may assist them in that revenge, but are not obliged to do so.
- If someone has assisted or benefited you, you must acknowledge that assistance. You are not obliged to assist or benefit that person in return.
That’s all I have right now.