- I was born two weeks late
- I then proceeded to arrive two minutes before the doctor mandated deadline.
- I have managed to submit most of the applications I have ever written right before the deadline (as in 11:40pm the night it’s due)
- I hardly ever do long projects earlier than the night before
- I live by the mantra “due tomorrow? do tomorrow.”
- I frequently forget to do my DRR post until the end of the month… sorry…
But you see. For all but the birth related ones, I have a valid excuse: I am incapable of planning. And there’s a reason for this… During my Sophomore year here at the academy, I had some major issues with meeting deadlines. As a result, my work was rushed and not up to the standards teachers expected of me… This, of course, did not please my teachers. They mentioned this in my end of term comments. Looking for more information and some concrete data, my parents took me to get my aptitudes tested.
For those unfamiliar with the process, please research it. I highly recommend testing for everyone, even if they’re perfectly happy with the state of their lives. It consists of a barrage of tests over two six hour testing periods. Then, you meet with one of the analysts and they tell you what they found and what that means for you and your happiness.
I had a great time and really enjoyed the process. The discoveries that we made really explained a lot too. For example, that whole deadline issue? It happens because I have low foresight. In other words, it’s difficult for me to make plans to achieve long term goals. The other issue, sloppiness, is due to low graphoria, or clerical skills. It manifests in my inability to recognize when my accents are facing the wrong way in French or when I don’t realize that I forgot to multiply by gravity in physics class.
Anyways. This has been a very long winded post to tell you all this: It never hurts to have more information. And also I’m sorry for submitting this so close to my deadline.
As always, it’s been a pleasure.
Until next time,
PS: I GOT IN :)